In Charlotte, North Carolina, take a closer look at a destination that blends a compact, walkable footprint with vibrant amenities in an ever-changing cityscape. Home to the Charlotte Convention Center, the sixth busiest airport in the nation with hundreds of nonstop flights, and a wide variety of one-of-a-kind sporting venues beckon planners to explore this dynamic sports hub in the Southeast.
We’re no strangers to hosting professional sports, either. From the PGA Championship to the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600, Queen City has been the home ground to some of the biggest sporting events in the nation. Longtime fans and newcomers alike are welcome to join in cheering on the home teams, welcoming our newest team to the roster, Charlotte FC.
With Charlotte’s easy accessibility centrally located to Interstates 40, 77 and 85 and within a two-hour flight of 60% of the country, it’s no wonder major sporting events like the NBA All-Star Game 2019 and the 2022 President’s Cup were held right here in the Queen City.
Why choose Charlotte? We have the right venues for your sport. And we have the experts to find them for you.
- Charlotte Convention Center: 550,000 sq. ft total, 280,000 sq. ft. exhibit halls, 40,000 sq. ft. ballroom, 35,000 sq. ft. ballroom, over 31,000 sq. ft. of pre-function space, 5,000 sq. ft. terrace, 70,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, 43,000 square feet of street-level space, loading dock, four counter service restaurants, Starbucks coffee, UPS convenience store, downtown accessibility, LYNX Blue Line light rail station, and connectivity to The Westin Charlotte.
- Bojangles Coliseum: 35,000 square feet of meeting space, 8,600-seat arena, 4,400 square feet of private space, LEED certified design, ticket offices, concessions, The Red Line Club private dining room, full-service in-house catering.
- The Sportsplex at Matthews: multi-purpose fields including nine artificial turf fields, two grass fields and a 2,500-seat grass stadium; two-storey field pitch with a 90-capacity conference room and locker rooms for home, away and referees; two playgrounds and two miles of paved trails.
- Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center: 50-meter competition pool, 25-yard therapy pool, fitness center, hot tub, gym, spectator stands.
- Queens University Sports Complex: 65 acres of athletic facilities, world-class multi-sport championship course, cross-country course, grass driving range, 14,000-square-foot conference center, 300-seat meeting facility, adaptability for disabled athletes.
A walkable city center is home to a wide range of hotels and countless restaurants ready to welcome sports enthusiasts of all tastes. Explore the NASCAR Hall of Fame or Discovery Place Science before taking the LYNX Blue Line light rail to easily accessible neighborhoods or a game at UNC Charlotte.
Play golf at area courses or putt indoors at destinations like The Puttery. Hike Crowders Mountain or bike the trails at Anne Springs Close Greenway or US National Whitewater Center. Head to Hornet’s Nest Park, home of the 2019-2021 Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship, for a challenging 20-hole wooden disc golf course.
From our state-of-the-art sports complexes to all the fun off the field, Charlotte is the ideal sports destination for meetings, games, tournaments and competitions of all kinds.
Start planning your Charlotte sports meet today.
#Start #championship #Charlotte